Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Stella Damasus' Cry for Justice: "I am fighting for my Children"

                                    
                                                 Stella Damasus
Sorry o! My Kongossa lovers, I have been unable to update my blog due to the breaking of my laptop this week, but apparently, while I've been crying over the untimely demise of my laptop, the Nigerian population has been crying over the untimely demise of their daughters due to underage marriages. Here's the full Wahala:
       In a time when we Africans are starting to slowly relief ourselves of the mentality of oppression, and riding our minds of all the negative follow-ups that came with it, Nigeria (Africa's own giant) is busy trying to hold us back! How so, you may ask, the Nigerian government is trying to pass a law permitting under-aged children to be legally married off to men with or without their concern. This ofcourse has not gone unnoticed by many who have daringly opposed the passing of such a barbaric law. Amongst the many standing up and voicing their opinions is Stella Damasus-Aboderin, Nollywood actress and singer. Proving once more that she is more than just a pretty face, Ms. Damasus posted a video, blatantly insulting the government officials participating in such acts.

In Fact, I will just let you guys watch the video for now, but be sure to check in tomorrow for my POV on this subject!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c_knQ-XpR3s

No comments:

Post a Comment